ERCA is working to deliver the following objectives:
- To promote integrated, cross-sectorial, place-based and local rural development at the European level
- To enable informed debate on the future of rural areas and rural development and to influence rural policy, both in the European Union and in the European states.
- To build on the collective strengths of the national and regional rural movements and empower them at regional, national and international levels, and to support the formation of national and regional rural movements in areas where these do not exist.
- To provide a link between the European level rural networks which are supportive of Objective 2.1
- To enable exchange of knowledge and mutual support between the member organisations